Friday, March 8, 2013

Last Day in America, Germany Here I Come!

Hey All!

Welcome to my blog! This first post comes straight from LAX as I wait by the gate for my long flight to Germany. The last few days have been hectic with finishing classes, projects, and tests early all while trying to get some quality time in with all my friends that will be graduating this year. Not to mention packing my entire life into the back of my Volkswagen Rabbit for the trip home!


Last Meal in the States
I was able to spend my last 2 days in the states with my family in Long Beach. Somehow I mixed up the departure time from 8:30am to the actual 9:15pm... so I basically had an extra day to procrastinate in packing my bags. Thursday night in the Klemme household we had an old fashioned thanksgiving! My Uncle Tony was in town, and Erich was lured over with the promise of leftovers. Friday I tried to think of an American meal that I won't be able to get abroad as my last lunch. My dad and I went to Slater's 50/50 who are known for there burgers that are half bacon! Mmmmmmm bacon. Add some deep fried mac n cheese balls (with bacon pieces) and you got yourself a meal!


Now the time finally approached to put the finishing touches on my packing, triple check that I have my passport, ticket, and everything that one needs when traveling to a new place to live for about 5 months! Luckily it was all packed from my move from SLO and just required rearrangement. Then take pictures with the parents, and dog and load the car. I got here way too early, but better than too late. I will have been in the terminal for about four hours before the flight actually leaves at 9. But it gave me time to send emails and blog!


So auf wiedersehen my friends, the next time you hear from me I will be in Germany!

My Whole Life Packed in 2 Bags

No comments:

Post a Comment